+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: BSC Bromsgrove under 20 Epee

  1. #1
    Initiate Stressed will become famous soon enoughStressed will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    76

    Default BSC Bromsgrove under 20 Epee

    The first event of the 2013-14 Cadet and Junior Epee season will be the BSC Bromsgrove on Sunday 1st September.

    This will be an under 20's event that will be used for both cadet and junior ranking lists.

    This event will be run by the same team that ran the BSC Kidderminster last year but it will be held in the new sports hall at Bromsgrove School.

    This venue will allow us to have 24 (or if needed 26) pistes and run both the mens and womens event on the same day.

    Entry forms can be found at www.fencingcampsandcoms.co.uk

    I look forward to receiving your entry.

  2. #2
    Senior Member itteacher will become famous soon enoughitteacher will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    201

    Default Slight typo

    Quote Originally Posted by Stressed View Post

    Entry forms can be found at www.fencingcampsandcoms.co.uk

    I look forward to receiving your entry.
    Nick has run off with the p this link should hopefully work
    http://www.fencingcampsandcomps.co.uk/

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to beholdCyranna's Father is a splendid one to behold Cyranna's Father's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    west sussex
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stressed View Post
    The first event of the 2013-14 Cadet and Junior Epee season will be the BSC Bromsgrove on Sunday 1st September.

    This will be an under 20's event that will be used for both cadet and junior ranking lists.

    This event will be run by the same team that ran the BSC Kidderminster last year but it will be held in the new sports hall at Bromsgrove School.

    This venue will allow us to have 24 (or if needed 26) pistes and run both the mens and womens event on the same day.

    Entry forms can be found at www.fencingcampsandcoms.co.uk

    I look forward to receiving your entry.
    This is good news indeed, we can expect another magnificently entertaining and organised day from Nick & the team
    just a daddy...and chauffeur

  4. #4
    Member JHC has a spectacular aura aboutJHC has a spectacular aura aboutJHC has a spectacular aura about
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stressed View Post

    This will be an under 20's event that will be used for both cadet and junior ranking lists.
    May I ask someone to confirm if I am correct in thinking that the age of the fencer must be at least 13 on the 1 January 2014 to fence in this competition?

    Many thanks.

  5. #5
    Member JHC has a spectacular aura aboutJHC has a spectacular aura aboutJHC has a spectacular aura about
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    May I ask someone to confirm if I am correct in thinking that the age of the fencer must be at least 13 on the 1 January 2014 to fence in this competition?

    Many thanks.
    I think I have answered this myself having found it on the BFA site.

    The FIE and IYC talk of calendar years rather than a fencing season so if you were not 13 on 1 Jan 2013 you cannot fence at this one but if it was held on 1 Jan 2014 and you were 13 on that day then you could.

    Is that right?

  6. #6
    Senior Member HelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud ofHelenC has much to be proud of
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    481

    Default

    if you were not 13 on 1 Jan 2013 you cannot fence at this one but if it was held on 1 Jan 2014 and you were 13 on that day then you could.
    You're correct, the rule changed before the 2012-13 season (March 2012 I think) - you have to be13 at the start of the calendar year of the comp, the fencing season of the comp is no longer relevant.

    Helen

  7. #7
    Member JHC has a spectacular aura aboutJHC has a spectacular aura aboutJHC has a spectacular aura about
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenC View Post
    You're correct, the rule changed before the 2012-13 season (March 2012 I think) - you have to be13 at the start of the calendar year of the comp, the fencing season of the comp is no longer relevant.

    Helen
    Thanks for the confirmation Helen. I always thought it was by season but I couldn't imagine Nick getting the dates wrong on the entry form so now I understand.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts