At the center of a dangerous new viral video trend, Indonesia warns people not to consume liquid nitrogen after more than 20 minors were injured eating street food known as ‘dragon’s breath’ began to
Colorful candy, according to Indonesia’s Ministry of Health Caused food poisoning, severe stomach discomfort and skin burns in a young manThe ministry advises parents, teachers and local health officials to take note.
To generate a vapor illusion when consumed, Candies are submerged in liquid nitrogenThey are popular among children, uploading videos of them blowing smoke from their mouths, nostrils and ears to the short-form video platform TikTok.
I found a candy called Dragon’s Breath and had a little fun! pic.twitter.com/1jcl1b5RJV
— Robeytech (@robeytech) September 17, 2018
According to Minister of Health Maxi Laing Rondonou, about 25 children injured After consuming candy, including two who required hospitalization. No fatalities have been reported.
The use of liquid nitrogen for food preparation is permitted. Theatrical effects are often created while top chefs use steam to serve food. It is often used in the medical field and as a food freezing ingredient. It is colorless, transparent, and odorless.
However, it can be dangerous if used incorrectly.