Things to know:
– Crescendo Health, a real-world data startup radically reshaping how clinical researchers access hard-to-reach patient data to support clinical research, today received seed from Define Ventures and its founders We have officially announced that we have raised $3.4 million in funding to launch. CEO of many other well-known organizations.
– Founded by co-founders of Datavant (which merged with Ciox in a $7 billion transaction) and top product management leaders of Grand Rounds (which merged with Doctor On Demand to form Included Health), Crescendo Health is a We are unlocking traditionally siled access to health data for both clinical and clinical research sponsors. Crescendo partners with research sponsors such as pharmaceutical/biopharmaceuticals, medical device manufacturers, and contract research organizations to obtain informed consent from study participants prior to donor, payer, EHR, pharmacy billing, and collect all longitudinal data from previous clinical trials.
Unlock patient health data to accelerate clinical trials
Crescendo Health collects this information through APIs, data partnerships, and other methods and transforms the data into formats that are accessible to patients and useful to researchers. As a result, clinical study sponsors receive a continuous longitudinal view of patient health that informs more comprehensive studies. Sponsors can leverage Crescendo Health’s model to support a variety of use cases, including:
– Health economics and outcomes research that reflects the entire patient journey, including the true cost of care.
– Post-market observational studies or safety registries that reduce burden on trial sites and patients and reduce costs for sponsors.When
– Long-term follow-up or observational extension studies to help researchers understand the impact of interventions over time.
Historically, sponsors of clinical studies have struggled to gather information from study participants beyond the limited contacts that occur during the study. Important data is excluded when encountering . This includes information from primary care and emergency department visits, laboratory tests, filling prescriptions, and more.
Crescendo Health helps fill these gaps for research sponsors using a new approach made possible after the enactment of the 21st Century CURES Act. This gives patients more rights to collect and use their health data. As part of our core belief that everyone has an absolute right to their data, the company makes the information it collects available to each participant through a secure portal.
Crescendo Health plans to expand its offerings across the life sciences industry and will use its investment to develop software that will enable clients to study the long-term impact of treatments and track results over time. build tools.