Hello everyone. Taro here.
After the Christmas break, the year has started off with a bang for hip-hop heads thanks to the announcement that De La Soul’s back catalog after years will finally be available on the music streaming service. Classics like ‘Eye Know’, ‘Talkin’ Bout Hey Love’ and ‘Ego Trippin’ (Part Two) are now available for everyone. Incredible.
Here in Asia, many people are preparing for the Lunar New Year holidays. This usually means that late January to early February he is not an overly productive time. But 2023 is already shaping up to be an interesting year, with market consolidation looking very likely in many industries, especially as technology winter continues. Consihua Kai!
nothing but net
Recent Startup Wins
- health tech startup amplifies health It acquired AI solutions company AiDA Technologies for an undisclosed amount.
- Parenting platform startup great mother AC Ventures has joined and closed a US$6 million Series A round led by Qualgro.
- Indonesia Employee Assistance Program Platform Mintera Closed $850,000 seed extension round led by East Ventures.
on the road
Events to check out
- quest ventures is inviting startups focused on creating sustainable impact to partner with raISE and apply for the second cohort of the Sustainable Impact Accelerator (SIA). His partner, managing Quest Ventures, James Tan, said: Building on the success of our first cohort, we look forward to partnering with raISE again to advance their high-impact business. ” Successful applicants will receive:
- Funding up to SGD 75,000
- Access to a 10-week structured program covering sustainable impact, fundraising and launch to market
- Opportunity to raise additional funds from investors during pitch events
- Access to Quest Family Benefits and Rays Membership Benefits
- Access to Quest Ventures Founders Group and Sustainable Impact Accelerator Alumni Network
- R.Hector Ventures has opened applications for the 6-month Reactor Scout Network program. Designed for students interested in a career in venture capital and for student founders seeking a deeper understanding of how VCs operate. Click here for more information.
pick & roll
Interesting drops of the week
- Rising Giants is a Cambodian entrepreneurship podcast that highlights influential CEOs and founders. Listen to them on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
- Brazilian company JBS has been accused of fraud after issuing a US$3.2 billion worth of ‘green bonds’ based on greenhouse targets, but is actually increasing its emissions. [via Mighty Earth]
- Things continue to get worse for Netflix as it is projected to have the slowest revenue growth despite its recently launched new advertising model. [via Reuters]
- In a bizarre case of media crackdown, a South Sudanese journalist was arrested for circulating footage of the president peeing in his pants at a road-testing event. [via BBC]
If you are a startup raising funds or have an interesting story or lead to feature in this newsletter, please fill this out shape.