Dublin, November 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Added “Current and Emerging Opportunities in Soft Robotics” report of ResearchAndMarkets.com Recruitment.
In recent years, soft robotics has achieved tremendous technological growth. R&D activities are increasing to optimize and expand the range of applications and support the growing needs of various industries. Due to the immense benefits of soft robotics technology, many industries are designing and developing new types of soft robots specifically for different application requirements.
This report reviews the capabilities and various applications enabled by soft robotics technology. Major industries covered by the report include manufacturing, healthcare, space, and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG). The study categorizes the types of soft robotics solutions by application and industry, and highlights recent innovations and stakeholder activity that could have a significant impact on the industry.
This report provides information related to the following topics:
- Growth opportunity analysis
- Main uses and impact on industry
- Key Adoption Drivers: Drivers and Challenges
- Recent innovations and stakeholder activity
- Patent analysis
- Main player profile
- Analysis Hierarchy Process (AHP) Analysis
- Strategic recommendations
1. Strategic Imperative
- Why Is Growth Getting More Difficult? Strategic Imperative 8T: Growth Pressures
- Strategic Imperative 8T
- Impact of the top three strategic imperatives on the soft robotics industry
- Growth Opportunities Stimulate Growth Pipeline EngineT
- research method
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Scope of analysis
- Technology segmentation – increased R&D activity and funding opportunities exist in the soft robotics industry
- A major achievement is the development of self-healing soft robots for specific industry requirements.
3. Technology landscape
- Considerable research covers the development of biologically-inspired soft robots
- Collaborative technology development with key industry participants and end-users
- A major technological breakthrough will be the development of self-morphing soft robot solutions
- Establishing specific operating technology for robots is the main challenge that developers are working on
4. Current and Emerging Opportunity Analysis
- Application priority areas for soft robotics across various industries [PACE Framework]
- The manufacturing industry employs soft robotic grippers primarily for material handling applications.
- Soft nano and microbots for inspection and non-destructive testing will play an important role in the future
- The healthcare industry is one of the most advanced adopters of soft robotics solutions.
- Soft robotic exosuits used for rehabilitation purposes are a major focus for several tech developers
- Soft microbots and nanobots are used for targeted drug delivery and tissue engineering
- Space industry is looking to soft robots to soon meet the requirements of advanced robotic technology
- Soft robots are used in space exploration and missions
- The food industry is an early adopter of soft grippers for food handling applications when handling produce
- Shop floor assistance soft robots work alongside human workers to improve overall efficiency of FMCG operations
- Soft grippers are widely used in material handling applications such as picking, sorting and packing.
- Soft vertical articulated arms with soft grippers are the main new applications in the medium term
5. Stakeholder innovation activities and company profile
- Soft swarm robots are widely used as weapons and for surveillance in warfare
- Humanoid soft robots are deployed to remote locations to perform demanding tasks
- Home assistance robots will receive major technological developments in coming years
- Soft Gripping & Wegard GmbH, Germany
- right hand robotics, America
- ReWalk Robotics, Inc., America
- Soft Robot Tech Co., Ltd. (SRT), China
- Ubilos Inc., America
6. Analytical Hierarchical Process (AHP) Framework Prioritization
- AHP analysis for prioritization of soft robot applications
- AHP: Level 0 Criteria Evaluation
- AHP: Level 1 Criteria Assessment
- AHP: Evaluating Alternatives
7. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Robot Grippers
- Growth Opportunity 1: Self-Deforming Grippers Become an Industry-Changing Technology
- Growth Opportunity 2: Assistive Soft Robotics Solutions
- Growth Opportunity 2: Tech Developers Must Focus on Strategic Partnerships to Continue to Succeed in the Industry
- Growth Opportunity 3: Soft Exoskeletons and Prosthetics
- Growth Opportunity 3: Addressing technical challenges remains a strategic imperative for technology developers
- Technical Readiness Level (TRL): Explained
9. Next steps
- next step
- Legal Disclaimer Statement
- Soft Gripping & Wegard GmbH
- RightHand Robotics
- ReWalk Robotics, Inc.
- Soft Robot Tech Co., Ltd. (SRT)
- Ubilos Inc.
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kxmm7.
research and market
Laura WoodSenior Manager
For EST office hours, please call +1-917-300-0470.
US/Canada Toll Free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, please call +353-1-416-8900.
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Market